4. Training Tools for Best Management Practices for Farm Biosecurity for Pig Production
+ 4.4.1 Entry of CAZ
126.96.36.199 With the exception of employees, visitors (non-farm workers) entering the CAZ but not the RAZ must record their entry in the CAZ Visitors Log. An example is an electrician working on a generator located in a building outside the RAZ but within the CAZ. Those entering the RAZ would be recorded in the main Visitor Log.
+ 4.4.2 Entry into the RAZ
- Example of rules regarding entry into the barn and rules for visitors
- Example of the entry protocol for people in a commercial barn
188.8.131.52 The dirty: clean boundary could be a bench where clothing is changed or preferably a shower. The bench should have a solid and sealed bottom with a boot tray on the dirty side to avoid leakage of contaminated liquids to the clean side. A line on the floor is almost always an ineffective boundary; it is too easy to cross and to manoeuvre clothes and boot changes is difficult.
184.108.40.206.1 To be effective, following showering, the staff must not step onto the contaminated area where they just removed their street clothes. A shower where you can walk through is most effective.
- Example of walk through shower with lockers on near side, double curtain shower then clean clothes on far side
+ 4.4.4 Unconnected pig barns
220.127.116.11 Where buildings are not connected, there may be movement out of and back into the RAZ as described in the guide to develop the traffic flows in the CAZ. Protocols governing this movement should include.
+ 4.4.6 Visitor Protocols
- Example of a breeding company visitor rules
- Another example of visitor guidelines used by a commercial farm
18.104.22.168 Maintain a visitor log. The log should include the date, name, contact phone number, reason for visit, last pig contact and when.
22.214.171.124 For foreign visitors, rules regarding entry may include
+ 4.4.7 For domestic visitors or service personnel, again, rules for entry may include
126.96.36.199 Downtime and special entry requirements.